In Windows operating systems, the registry stores essential data, configurations, and settings for all of your operations. It contains usernames, passwords, preferences, and license information for every program and application on your hard drive. Never attempt to edit the file registry manually, because one simple error can cripple your entire system; but do keep your system free of registry errors in order to prevent freezes, stalls, slow operation, and system crashes. Use a registry cleaner to remove damaged, redundant, obsolete, fragmented, and potentially dangerous files and applications from your Windows file registry. Regular use of a high quality registry cleaner assures your PC always will deliver optimal performance.
Two different grades of registry cleaners
Software manufacturers often make two different grades of their products-one they offer as freeware, sometimes using the free version as enticement to a full download; and the second characterized as the “professional” or “commercial” edition and far more likely to perform all the scans and make all the changes, repairs, and updates you actually need. Save time and assure good results by going directly to the industrial strength security suite, which ought to contain both spyware protection and a registry cleaner.
Six good reasons to go with the upgrade…
1. You get a technical guarantee. In addition to removing obsolete, fragmented, redundant, and damaged files from you’re your registry, the best registry cleaners also have the capacity to optimize your system, remove junk files, update your internet browser, and remove junk files. The manufacturers guarantee that their products effectively and efficiently will perform all the basic functions and all the add-ons. If the products fail, the manufacturers either will replace your software or give you a full refund.
2. You get professional support. Because the file registry contains files essential to the central processing unit’s basic functions, you should not mess with it unless you specialize in information technology. The average PC user should call for technical support whenever he or she encounters a problem that requires more than one mouse-click for repair. The majority of support teams are trained and ready to assist only with their own company’s products. The best, however, know PC’s from the inside out, and they can help with almost every conceivable problem you encounter. Quality of professional support should influence which registry cleaner you purchase.
3. The upgraded registry cleaner detects and fixes more problems. Freeware typically detects the most common and obvious problems in your registry, showing you how quickly and completely the manufacturer’s products can keep you safe. You probably will feel teased after running the freeware, because it does a great job on a very few things, and you need much more. Go for the better quality package.
4. The high quality software performs an automatic back-up before cleaning. One simple step can make the difference between a quick and easy repair and a fatal error in your system. Just about every registry cleaner will prompt you to back-up your files before you attempt to edit and cleanse them; the best registry cleaners simply do it for you. They also deep scan areas in your file registry you probably do not know exist. The more the software can do for you, the less likely you are to make mistakes that compromise your operating system.
5. The commercial grade program lets you automate your maintenance cycles. A very high quality registry cleaner will give you a wide array of options for a routine maintenance schedule. If you depend on your computer for your livelihood, you may want to clean your registry every time you restart your computer; if you do not use your computer every day, a monthly cleaning probably will suffice. The best registry cleaners will keep track of and honor your preferences.
6. The professional quality program updates frequently. Instead of going to the company’s website for updates, the best registry cleaners automatically bring the updates to you. Because computer viruses evolve and replicate at the speed of light, daily updates keep your PC safe from all kinds of malicious invaders.
Surely, you see the wisdom of investing in the commercial grade registry cleaner; anything less would leave your PC and you vulnerable to malware attacks from the internet and system malfunctions from your file registry. Although you will pay approximately $30(US) for a good cleaner from a reputable manufacturer, you must acknowledge that, especially in matters of computer security, you get the quality for which you pay, and cheap junk represents no great bargain.